Advanced Search Results For "political science"
Abstract:The imposition of normalcy on fragile states and crises and its implications for world politics
Abstract:Today, political leaders and candidates for office must campaign in a multimedia world through traditional forums—newspapers, radio, and television—as well as new digital media, particularly social media. Electoral Campaigns, Media, and the New World o...
- Nils Ringe
Abstract:Multilingualism is an ever-present feature in political contexts around the world, including multilingual states and international organizations. Increasingly, consequential political decisions are negotiated between politicians who do not share a comm...
- Nowrin Tabassum
Abstract:This book addresses political knowledge of climate change and its relation to labelling people affected by climate change, either as ‘climate refugees'or as ‘climate change-induced displaced people or migrants'. By questioning the knowledge of climate ...
Electoral Politics in Crisis After the Great Recession : Change, Fluctuations and Stability in Iceland
Abstract:This book examines to what extent politics in Iceland have been transformed in the aftermath of the 2008 financial crisis. The book focuses on whether the short-term sudden shock caused by the Great Recession has permanently transformed politics, polit...
Abstract:This book explores the challenges that disinformation, fake news, and post-truth politics pose to democracy from a multidisciplinary perspective. The authors analyse and interpret how the use of technology and social media as well as the emergence of n...
- Fake news--Political aspects--Europe
- Mass media and public opinion--Russia (Federation)
- Mass media and public opinion--Europe
- Information society--Political aspects--Europe
- Fake news--Political aspects
- Information society--Political aspects
- Mass media and public opinion
- Fake news--Political aspects--Russia (Federation)
- Information society--Political aspects--Russia (Federation)
- Markus Kröger
Abstract:This book explores the existential redistributions that extractivist frontiers create, going beyond existing studies by bringing into the English-language discussion much of the wisdom from Latin American rural and forest communities'understandings of ...
- Indigenous peoples--Brazil--Social conditions
- Environmental protection--Brazil--Citizen participation
- Mineral industries--Social aspects--Brazil
- Natural resources--Social aspects--Brazil
- Agricultural industries--Social aspects--Brazil
- Economic development--Environmental aspects--Brazil
- Political ecology--Brazil
Abstract:COVID-19 is the most significant global crisis of any of our lifetimes. The numbers have been stupefying, whether of infection and mortality, the scale of public health measures, or the economic consequences of shutdown. Coronavirus Politics identifies...
Abstract:Challenging one-eyed technology-focused accounts of renewables policy, this book provides a ground-breaking, deep-diving and genre-crossing longitudinal study of policy development. The book develops a multi-field explanatory approach, capturing inter-...
- Aim Sinpeng
Abstract:Opposing Democracy in the Digital Age is about why ordinary people in a democratizing state oppose democracy and how they leverage both traditional and social media to do so. Aim Sinpeng focuses on the people behind popular, large-scale antidemocratic ...